Admission criteria for the enrolment onto the bilingual programme at the Private High School GALILEO SCHOOL, Dudvážska 6, 821 07 Bratislava 214 for the academic year 2016/2017
1. Entry exams – an examination to determine the essential knowledge, skills and talent, as per the current school legislation (Act no. 245/2008)
2. Upon the agreement of the school principal and the school founder presented to the teachers’ council, pursuant to the General Decree of the Bratislava Self-Governing body no.1/2015, pursuant to the Act no.464/2013 that changes and completes the Act no.245/2008 – the School Act, one first grade class will open with the 31 maximum possible number of students of the study programme 7902 J 74 – Bilingual programme
3. Date, time and place of the entry exams: 13th April 2016 at 9.00am in the Projection Room at GALILEO SCHOOL.
4. The entry exam will consist of the following:
a) An English language essay on one of the following themes:
- Information technology
- Moral values
- An experience of a real life situation
- Summer holidays experience
- The problems of today’s youth
- The impact of mass media on crime
- Who is your role model
b) A cognitive ability test in the English language focused on:
- Logical Thinking
5. Assessment criteria:
- 20 points for the English language essay
- 20 points for the cognitive ability test
6. Enrolment criteria: An applicant must fulfil the criteria of successfully achieving at least 25 points and has not been classified with worsen grade from behaviour at primary school.
7. School principal will publish the coded list of all successful and unsuccessful candidates until the 18th April 2016.
8. These criteria are valid as of 3rd November 2015.